Eligibility Criteria For B. Arch
The minimum qualification required for applying in a B. Arch course is plus two with 50% in the board examination. The students should study Mathematic as a subject in their 10+2. To get admission for the B. Arch program, the aspirants are required to take the either of the two Entrance exams i.e J.E.E -B.Arch for IIT’s and NIT’s or NATA (National Aptitude Test In Architecture) conducted by the Council of Architecture (COA) For all the Architecture colleges except IIT’s and NIT’s. The students are allotted to different colleges based on their entrance exam scores and their 10+2 exam marks.
- Candidates desirous of joining the B. Arch. (Architecture) courses will have to PASS in the Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT). Only those candidates who have secured an all India / category rank in JEE (Advanced) 2016 are eligible to appear for AAT in 2017.
- Syllabus for this test is given in SYLLABI.
- Only those candidates who are desirous of opting for the B. Arch.program available at IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee as one of the choices while filling-in their choices online will be eligible to write AAT.
- Candidates must register online at the JEE (Advanced) portal for AAT.
- AAT will be conducted only at the seven Zonal IITs.
- The test will consist of one paper of three hours duration.
- The question paper for the aptitude test will be available only in English language.
- No separate admit card will be issued for AAT. The original admit card of JEE (Advanced) 2018 should be produced in the AAT examination hall.
- Candidates should bring their own drawing and colouring aids.
- The Joint Implementation Committee of JEE (Advanced) 2017 will decide the cut-off marks for passing AAT.
- Results of AAT will be declared on the JEE (Advanced) 2017 online portal.
- Candidates securing marks above the cut-off will be declared as 'passing' the test. There is no separate ranking in the AAT. There is no separate cut-off for students of any category.
- Allotment of seat will be solely based on the category-wise All India Rank in the JEE (Advanced) 2018.